Saturday, December 3, 2011

Week 44: Less Holiday Stress

(If you notice by the date...I'm 38 minutes late on this. The crazy perfectionist part of me really hates that. But, life happens).

So, I didn't really know what my "thing" was going to be this week. Earlier today (err...yesterday), I realized that I've been doing something all week that is abnormal, but also a really good idea. There has been intention behind the action but I didn't really think about it being this week's focus.

Anyway, this holiday season, I've made a goal to buy Christmas presents while I'm out and about, with hopes of not needing to make one (or more) giant, miserable trips where I have no idea what to buy for who but have also reached the point where not being anything is no longer an option. I'm happy to say I have a great start on holiday shopping and am so pleased that I've found things for those people on my list that have historically been a little more difficult for which to shop. Christmas time causes me so much (unnecessary) stress because I so badly want to buy the perfect gift for everyone. Something they will love, pass on to future generations, put on the mantle for years to come...etc. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way, but I kind of let it overtake me and, therefore, kill a lot of holiday spirit. Hopefully, with this different mode of shopping, that feeling won't get in the way too much. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment