Saturday, December 17, 2011

Week 46: Metamora!

I've somehow never been to the cute little town of Metamora, IN (which I've affectionately dubbed Metamorie- just because) until today. I really don't know how that happened. I remember friends and family making trips to this little place filled with crafts, fudge, Christmas decor and general charm, but for some reason, it took me 29 years to make the trek. I loved this special place and am looking forward to many return trips in the future. I definitely need to eat at the restaurant we (my bestie Laura and I) ate at today- it was a very country kitchen and a scene from Rain Man was shot in that very restaurant. It was so tasty- my favorite bites involved chicken salad and homemade croutons. I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but I'll be back. I found unique gifts for Christmas and loved supporting the independent retailers that we got to talk with as they worked in their cozy shops. Definitely looking forward to making this Christmas trip a tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment