Saturday, December 24, 2011

Week 47: Nothing New Here

I'm so, so, so big on traditions and most of the traditions we have involve Christmastime. This week was spent finishing shopping, baking (trying to...remember when I said I became a baker? That didn't last...), and, in general, feeling the Christmas spirit. Today, Christmas Eve (day), I super-cleaned the house more than I ever do in preparation for Santa (my parents got me to clean my room without a fight one day a year during my childhood, and now I still feel like I need to have a clean room (house) for Santa to come to!). Then, we went to Scott's parents for their annual open house. I love that tradition- his parents are truly some of the most generous and warm people you could ever meet and this event makes them shine even brighter. :) After Scott and I got home, we unwrapped our one gift each from each other, which was pajamas, like always. My parents always got me a new pair of pajamas while I was growing up. When my Mom died, sweet friends made sure that this tradition continued until I started dating Scott and he carried the torch. I love that I've worn a new pair of pajamas every Christmas Eve of my life. We are finishing the evening watching Home Alone 2. Tomorrow, we'll wake up ridiculously early, make our rounds and then finish up with Chinese takeout.

So, nothing new happened this week, and that's totally ok with me. I hope this week is pretty much the same for the rest of my life.

Merry, merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment