Saturday, November 26, 2011

Week 43: Sweet Kicks

Another investment was made this week. This time, in the name of gym shoes.

How often do people, in general, buy gym shoes? I feel like it's nuts that I have not purchased a new pair of gym shoes since well before I moved to Cincinnati (which was 2006). That changed today when I bought a pair of black Nike gym shoes with very bright pink highlights. They are kind of intense-looking, but supercomfortable and... I love them.

People ask me how I've lost weight, and there are lots of ways that have come into play. One of them is, in a very general way, motivating myself for brief bits of times with whatever would work to lose the next say... five pounds. I've changed my routine lots with whatever got me to the point of achieving a goal several times. So, case in point, I'm hoping that the fact that I get to wear my new fancy gym shoes will push me to go to the gym and knock off five more pounds. Then, I'll switch something up and get inspired/motivated in some other way. Other things I've done include Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred, jogged, joined a gym, bought a new exercise outfit, and bought a new water bottle. So that's my basic motto...do whatever it takes to get myself in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment