Saturday, June 4, 2011

Week 18: Reconnecting

Before I moved to Cincinnati, I worked as a part-time dance instructor at a WONDERFUL studio in Richmond, IN - my hometown. Along with leaving my friends and family, leaving this studio was one of the hardest parts of my move.

This week, I went back for their recital. I hadn't been back since I stopped teaching in 2006. It was so fun to see how much the girls had grown up. One of the girls I taught individual tap lessons to was dancing at a level with girls 5 years older than her. Proud moment. All of the dancers had grown so much in their ability since I had them- so cool to watch.

It was so refreshing to see this group of people that I haven't seen in just about 5 years. Teaching at that studio has had a huge impact on me and will always be one of my favorite times in life. The patrons and studio staff welcomed me back wonderfully for the evening, and it felt like I had come to one of my "homes" in life.

2 comments:

  1. This year, I had so many of my students (~10) in the recital, so I went. Such a nice production. You must feel very proud to have been a part! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did indeed! I went to the second show since I didn't know any of the preschoolers! But it was such a fun experience! I miss teaching the preschoolers, too- there recital was always so fun :)

    ReplyDelete