Friday, June 17, 2011

Week 20: A New/Old Recipe

This week I made Fruit Cocktail Cake. While this is the first time I've ever made it, I grew up with this special dessert at my second home- my friend Katie's house. Katie has a great family that loves traditions and I've always appreciated that. Her mom gave me this recipe when I got married and I am really honored that she shared it with me- it's been in their family for years and years and years. She wrote on the back of the recipe card that she spent a lot of time at her grandmother's home and she liked to spoil her. This cake would do just that.

The cake itself is super easy. If I can make it successfully, it's really, really easy. I won't post it here but if any of you would like it, I'll provide it to you on a cute little recipe card. I think that's where recipes belong. Lemme know.

No comments:

Post a Comment