Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week 19: Or Just, Connect

This week I went out of my way to be more social. I am very much a creature of habit, and my habit is usually coming home after work, exhausted and spending the night on the couch. My weekend habit is to do something fun with Scott and try to see friends or family maybe one of the weekend days. That's pretty much my life. I'm an introvert so much so that being with people makes me nervous and that nervousness sometimes overtakes me. But I kept it under control this week.

Anyway, I really like how my life is despite the boringness that it sounds like above. But, I do sometimes crave social-ness and know that making effort feels that void and is just really fun. So when I got invitations this week, I accepted. I had a lot of fun and it was good to connect with new people, people I don't know so well and people I've known for a while.

I have a lot of fun social times coming up in the next few weeks and am way looking forward to them. I should probably scale back and try to be at home a bit more than I was this week- our house is pretty much a nightmare and I haven't exercised all week. I probably shouldn't sacrifice those things during my social mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment