Saturday, May 7, 2011

Week 14: Combining Passions

This week, we wrapped up planning on a major project for work that is a little different than what I usually spend my 40 (+) hours doing. Our life skills trainer and I have combined our years of experience, education and passion for performing arts and troubled teens to create a workshop that we will be putting on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week for juveniles in our detention center (a.k.a. "juvie"). Our workshop is called "Heart Beats" and we will be encouraging the youth to express themselves through rhythm and movement. For those of you who don't know, I taught dance classes for 5 years and studied for years before that. I miss it all terribly, so this has been a great opportunity for me. I'm so excited to put on this workshop and hope that the clients will benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment