Saturday, April 30, 2011

Week 13: The Week of the Many Mini (& incomplete) Projects

My get up and go hasn't been around much this week. I've started several things but just haven't had the energy to finish them. Instead of finishing what I started, I move on to something else which is pretty much a defining statement of my life.

BUT, I enjoyed what I started this week. Here's that lengthy list:

*Read The Poisonwood Bible - I'm LOVING this book. I've been listening to it while driving. I think I'm probably missing a lot because I'm much more a visual person than this listening allows, but I'm definitely enjoying it. I expect to finish it in the next week or so but ran out of drive time to make it possible to finish it up this week.

*
Build a Sorta Pantry- We finally got a shelf to make our very oddly shapen kitchen a little more functional. It's not going to be super pretty, but it's going to provide a whole bunch more storage. I started putting the shelf together and put some pieces together the wrong way and then gave up for a bit. I might try to tackle that beast tomorrow...

*
Get Paid to Shop- I kinnnnnda wussed out on this one. But, there was a coupon/sale deal this week that made floss negative twelve cents at Wal-Mart. I got three of these and two bottles of water (which, with a coupon, were totally free). Had I stopped there, because my coupon for $1 off the .88 floss, I actually would've been paid .36 to leave Wal-Mart. I feel weird about that so I added a pack of gum. I can't remember the exact check-out price, but it was under the cost of the gum, so I did get paid to shop a little bit.

*
Make a Ruffled Skirt- I've been coveting these all over the internet. I've started one- cut and pinned all sorts of fabric and without sewing, it looks really cute. However, I'm 99% sure it's going to end up WAY TOO SMALL. I find sewing so stressful- I wish that weren't the case. I think an upcoming week is going to be "sew with a pattern." That would probably be a helpful step in my desire to really learn to sew.

The only thing I feel like I actually totally accomplished was trying a new Mexican restaurant. The food was pretty tasty but the experience was horrendous. I don't know if I would ever want to go back, and I'm pretty sure there is no way in the world that my husband would ever go back, so I probably won't need to think to much about that decision.

All in all, a good week...unfinished projects and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment