Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 12: Challenge myself.

This is a random one, but I'm proud of the accomplishment.

It's gross outside today, but I needed to exercise and didn't feel like doing a video so I decided to do something that sounded like a good workout: do laps on the stairs for 20 minutes. I knew it would be tough but HOLY MOLY.

It was both physically and kind of mentally exhausting. I was tired after ...err...the second lap. Going up stairs is hard work! I set the timer on the oven so I had no idea how much time I had left. I had my husband check for me and found myself very disappointed with whatever number he would respond with. I lost count, but I'm guessing I did at least 60 laps.

That's a lot of stairs.

I'm glad I did this because I seriously wanted to give up 4 minutes in. I thought, "you know, I could really just stop and take a quick jog outside instead." But, I finished. I didn't want to give up despite what felt like torture to myself.

I will likely not ever do this again, but if there was a badge for "walking stairs for 20 minutes," I could wear it proudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment