Saturday, April 9, 2011

Week 10: Say Thank You

This week's accomplishment is something I've meant to do for probably 5 years, and one of the main reasons I wanted to start this blog.

I just wrote a thank you note to my high school English teacher. When I was in her class, I struggled, a lot. She made me work really, really hard. I'll never ever EVER forget her note on one of my papers: "Angie, in any other class, this would be an A. Not in mine." That sentence aptly summarizes my Advanced Placement senior year English class. I wrote, rewrote, etc... that paper...probably 7 times. In the end, after all those rewrites, I managed to get an A on the paper. That's what she wanted all along.

All of the struggling paid off. She, along with my Spanish teacher, prepared me for what would lay ahead in college. During my first semester of my freshman year in college, my professor was so pleased with a paper I had written that he actually put it up on the projector (do schools still even use those?!) for all to see "how to write a paper."

That felt amazing.

And I have one lady to thank.

So, today I did just that. She should be receiving my thanks in 2-3 business days.

(Mrs. Thompson, if you are reading this, please forgive the grammatical errors. I know they are there. Sometimes I just think they add character. And, I'm a college graduate now, so I'm doing alright!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks really sweet! I might be a little late, but I do write thank you notes. Unfortch, I rarely get them.

    ReplyDelete