Friday, May 20, 2011

Week 16: Back in Business

This week I had a supercool opportunity (that will last 3 more weeks) to teach my co-workers DANCE! For those of you who don't know, I taught dance for 5 years, grew up taking dance lessons and it's just been a giant influence in my life.

For the past 5 yearsish, I haven't found a studio at which to teach. Granted, I haven't looked that hard, either. I really, REALLY loved the studio I used to teach at and just don't feel like anything else could compare to it. But this opportunity has been a great way to get back in to teaching without a ton of pressure. I'm teaching adults who just want a bit of a work out and to have fun. I can help them accomplish both of those!

The first week went very well and I have no doubt that next week will be lots of fun as well. I am a bit sore (hello, it's been five years since I've taught!), but other than that, felt like I could jump right back in to teaching.

The theme of the evening was "80's Dance Night" and I taught a lesson in jazz dancing. We ended the night by learning a routine to Prince's "Kiss." The ladies totally worked it. We decided to continue this theme and routine for next week's class as well. Wednesday evenings have become much more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment