Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 49: The Week of the Salad

I have been very inspired by the blog, http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/ for some time now. It is the journey of a girl that has lost 135 pounds. Browse through her blog a while and I promise you will leave with something helpful/inspirational/tasty for yourself.

Anyway, one of her tricks is to eat a whole bunch of salads. I did that this past week and have been pleased with both the results (bye bye, 3 holiday pounds), the feeling (much lighter, thank you very much) and the fact that I didn't get sick of it. She encourages one to make a salad out of anything and I tested this theory when I put a hamburger patty from a kid's meal into a salad and it was terrific. She also tells how to keep produce at it's freshest on her blog- check it out.

I'll definitely keep doing this- I'm thinking 4 days for lunch during the work week and once on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment