Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week 37: Back At It

I have a seriously love-hate relationship with scrapbooking. I love all of the things that go with it- the paper, the details and so much more. I love the idea of sitting down and creating something that will be treasured by myself and my loved ones for years to come. I love the idea of creating something beautiful.

Then I sit down, and the above part re: creating something beautiful fails to happen. I'm SO hard on myself-especially when it comes to creative endeavors. So it has to be extra-extra perfect before I even remotely like it, so I therefore just don't scrapbook all that much. But,
I keep coming back for more. This weekend I did just that, but I actually like the nearly-finished product, a lot. The page definitely needs more but I really like where it is going. I was inspired by http://www.shimelle.com/ . She offers what she refers to as "Scrapbook Starting Points" and they are hugely helpful. I'm going to do a few more because I enjoyed this so much- it takes some of the initial stress of sitting down to create something amazing away. So, here it is, the NOT-FINISHED-PROJECT-IN-THE-WORKS (which also happens to be the first layout I've worked on from our wedding- THREE YEARS AGO!).


1 comment:

  1. I love it Angie! I know what you mean about the love/hate thing - it's hard to find the time, and walk away when things don't feel finished. I love this page -- I like the 'timeline' feel of the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete